J&J Editorial is dedicated to providing efficient and professional publishing services. J&J’s employees work in partnership with clients to understand their unique needs and offer a range of editorial, production, copyediting, and submission systems support services to meet those needs at a consistent level of excellence.
High-quality editorial office management and support
- Peer review management, from submission to decision
- Optimization through best practices and industry standards
- Editors supported with system and workflow training
- Proactive communication with authors, reviewers, society staff, and the publisher
- Editorial board meeting and conference call planning
- Submission system expertise: ScholarOne, Editorial Manager, eJournalPress, Bench>Press, Open Journal Systems
Workflow management and à la carte services
- Project management
- Workflow consultation
- Composition vendor management
- Metadata and manuscript clean-up
- Figures and graphics editing
- Journals and books composition
- QA/QC for PDF proofs, XML, and HTML
- Online and print deliverables
- Production scheduling and issue management
An in-house team of professional copy editors
- Clean, well-formatted copy that conforms to any desired style: Chicago, American Medical Association, Council of Science Editors, etc.
- Research articles, magazine articles, and other publications
- Custom style guide development
- Composed layout proofreading
- Built-in backup with guaranteed coverage
- Project management
Expert support and peer review system configuration
- Submission site builds and implementations
- Editor and system transitions
- Submission site configuration and optimization
- Expertise: ScholarOne, Editorial Manager, eJournalPress, Produxion Manager, Bench>Press, Open Journal Systems
- One-time or ongoing consultation and/or support for your submission system
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat
- AllenTrack™ (Allen Press)
- Editorial Manager™ (Aries)
- Produxion Manager™ (Aries)
- eJournal Press™
- ScholarOne Manuscripts™
- Rapid Review™ (Cenveo)
- ACS Paragon Plus™
- Open Journal Systems
- JIRA™ (Atlassian)
Working with J&J has been a game changer. As the editor of a small journal that needs a part-time managing editor, I had been unable to find anyone who had remotely as much expertise as the J&J staff. The quality of service has been exceptional, and it has been a huge relief for me to be able to focus on the journal while J&J provides the editorial support I need. I would never go back to directly hiring a managing editor.
What I most appreciate is that when I have a request or question it is dealt with immediately and efficiently. When potential conflicts arise (when my own articles are submitted) the J&J staff know exactly the right way to deal with the matter.
Mary Clements is very helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciate her efforts as we grow LIO.
Surpassed my expectations during our transition from our previous vendor regarding peer review and moving from their platform to ScholarOne.
The people I have worked with at J&J -- Brittany White and Latoya Fladger -- have been highly responsive, responsible and extremely competent.
The quality of the staff and their engagement is the key to J&J’s success.